logo
OUR HISTORY
FROM 1913 UNTIL TODAY

February 13, 1913

Foundation of the "Ruhrtaler Gesenkschmiederei Kalthoff und Wengeler" by the graduate engineer Dipl.-Ing. Friedhelm Wilhelm Wengeler and Fritz Kalthoff.

 

1919

Incorporation of an own mechanical workshop.

 

1945

Friedhelm Wilhelm Wengeler passes away. Continuation of the company's activities by Mrs. Sophie Wengeler and son Friedhelm. Modernization of the firm by implementing new manufacturing technologies.

 

1957

After the death of Friedhelm Wengeler his widow Gisela and her later husband Georg Eppelsheimer take over the management of the company.

 

1993

Reorganization of the company. The new legal structure is "Ruhrtaler Gesenkschmiede F. W. Wengeler GmbH & Co. KG".

Klaus Eppelsheimer and Heinz-Ulrich Krell become the CEOs.

 

2000

Extension of the business segment modular technique.

 

2007

Initial operation of an additional semiautomatic 20-meter-long hammer line.

 

2012

Sales volume reaches € 60 million with more than 300 employees.

 

2013

Hundredth anniversary of the company.